- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 8-10 cremini mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 cup string beans, cleaned and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 3 summer squash (yellow zucchini), cut into thick chunks
- 1 fifteen ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 fifteen ounce can organic cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3-4 leaves, swiss chard, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, minced
In a soup pot, heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and continue cooking until onions are wilted. Add rosemary, thyme and cremini mushrooms and another pinch of salt. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes. Add string beans, chunky summer squash and another pinch of salt. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes plus the liquid from the can, and 3 cups of water into the soup pot. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes. Add cannellini beans and swiss chard, plus 1 tsp. sea salt and a couple of dashes of freshly ground black pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes. Ladle into individual bowls and garnish with minced scallions.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.