This is one of my favorite ways to eat broccolini… roasted until it’s crispy and charred.
Oh my! It’s totally delish!
If you haven’t tried broccolini yet, it’s a hybrid between Chinese broccoli and broccoli. It has smaller florets, long thin stalks, and some small leaves. And, it’s edible from top to bottom.
I used extra virgin oil and roasted it at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Roasting at a lower heat (375) helps retain the integrity of the olive oil and give you a healthful and delicious dish in the process.
You can learn more about oil smoke points here: Olive oil controversy.
Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 heads of broccolini, washed and trimmed
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375
- Trim one inch off the stalks of the broccolini
- Coat with olive oil and season with a few pinches of sea salt
- Place into a 9-13 stainless steel roasting tray
- Top with grated parmesan cheese
- Roast uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until stalks are wilted and heads are slightly charred
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links.