- 1 cup carrot/orange juice (can get in any health food store)
- 1/4 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup whole wheat cous cous
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsely, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, minced
Bring carrot/orange juice, raisins, cinnamon, sea salt and black pepper to a boil. Add cous cous, mix and turn off the heat. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl combine cooked chickpeas, cous cous, roasted almonds, parsley and mint. Serves four.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.