- 3-4 carrots, washed and chopped into thick diagonals
- 2-3 parsnips, washed and chopped into thick diagonals
- 1 daikon root, washed and cut into thick chunks
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place chopped roots into a large bowl and coat evenly with olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place roots into a 9×12 baking pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast roots, covered, for 35-40 minutes.
- Uncover and continue roasting 25-30 minutes or until roots caramelize (brown or lightly blacken).
- Use as a side dish and garnish with minced parsley.
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.