Andrea hosted a special Thyroid Edition of Ask Andrea. She answered questions on how to naturally heal the thyroid, why she loves intermittent fasting, and the importance of nourishing the endocrine system.
What you will hear on this episode of Ask Andrea
- 0:00: Greetings from Andrea
- 0:35: It will take more time to support your thyroid at 66 years old instead of 25. But try to switch your mindset because that is not old. (Rosemary)
- 2:33: Andrea recommends looking at blood sugar levels, liver and stress when you are sweating on adrenal support. You must support your kidneys through meditation and relaxing. (Janice)
- 5:00: You have to listen to your doctor but continue to do what you are doing. Healing thyroid does take time. Andrea recommends Nourishing Thyroid Program. (Nicola)
- 7:20: The thyroid is not getting enough iodine or there is too much iodine when there is a goiter. Andrea recommends natural sources for iodine. Look at the gall bladder for the Keritosis Pilaris. (Claire)
- 10:57: Andrea recommends healing the gut when you have an auto-immune conditions. She recommends cutting out dairy, sugar, caffeine, and citrus fruits when healing the gut. (Lu Ann)
- 14:13: Ashwagandha can make the minerals in the body off balance. But try it in the body while taking Synthroid and then give your body a break. (Robyn)
- 16:02: Andrea thinks you’re doing the right thing by listening to your body. (Doreen)
- 16:50: Most people are getting too much iodine on the Standard American Diet. Go to Andrea’s website to learn more about iodine. (Robin)
- 18:30: Andrea needs more information about your condition to answer your question. (Lela)
- 19:10: Check with a naturopathic doctor and also go to pharmacy and get the iodine test. (Jean)
- 19:37: 95% of nodules on the thyroid are benign. Nourish your endocrine system to help your partial thyroid. (Micheline)
- 21:41: Andrea recommends making soft and easy to digest foods for 82 year old with severe hypothyroidism. (Joy)
- 23:43: Andrea gives reasons why she loves intermittent fasting. (Sneha)
- 25:24: Andrea recommends doing stretching exercises to help with help with balancing temperature and pain.(Susan)
- 27:22: Food and behavior patterns are why diseases run in families. Andrea recommends doing a liver detox when there are lumps and cysts. Clear with lymphatic system with exercise and red clover, burdock root and echinacea. (Janet)
- 28:57: Andrea closes with how to ask questions to Andrea.
Links from the episode
Organic Herbs – Great place for herbs: Motherwort, astragalus, licorice root, marshmallow roots, and reishi mushroom
Happy Healthy Thyroid– Andrea’s book for healing they thyroid naturally
Nourishing Thyroid Health Program– Andrea’s online program where she teaches how to naturally heal the thyroid.
Andrea Beaman is a internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching individuals and health practitioners how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.