Andrea gives great recommendations for optimal health including eating seasonally, how she believes you can get your vitamins and minerals from the nourishing food that you eat, and how important it is to build up the body with bone stocks for pregnancy. She also answers questions about different thyroid conditions and so much more.
What you will hear
- 0.02 – Andrea greets everyone and tells you how to ask your question online.
- 0:34 – Andrea discusses how spring is the best time to do a liver cleanse. (Cristina)
- 3:13 – Eating seasonally is the best for optimal health. Then choose to eat it raw or cooked depending on your condition. (Anne)
- 6:27 – Andrea talks about her thoughts on sparkling water.(Anne)
- 7:24– Black walnut hull is Andrea’s favorite herb to remove fungus. When rebuilding bacteria in gut, Andrea prefers probiotic food rather than probiotic supplements. (Anne)
- 10:02 – 90% of population has Epstein Barr Virus. She recommends licorice root, lemon balm, & cat’s claw for keeping EBV in check. (Mina)
- 11:31 – Hypothyroid and 2 months pregnant. Add medicinal herbs such as red raspberry leaf and bone stocks into your diet. (Angie)
- 13:11– Fourteen year old with Crohn’s disease. Andrea recommends building the body up with bone stocks, fermented vegetables, and oregon grape root is a great herb for cleaning the system.(Ellie)
- 16:04 – Use filtered water and add minerals. Thinning hair is a symptom of thyroid trouble. (Jovanna)
- 19:00 – For lipomas, Andrea recommends adding some burdock root to your diet. (Sheila)
- 19:55 – Andrea believes that we should be getting vitamins and minerals from our food instead of supplements.(Whitney)
- 22:06– How to deal with hypothyroidism and get off meds. (Kranie)
- 23:00 – Diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and took RAI so cannot get off your medication. (Thomas)
- 23:18 – While pregnant, you want to build your body up since the baby is taking so many of your nutrients. (Denice)
- 25:20 –Andrea recommends black walnut hull for candida and for bartonella she recommends supporting the immune system. (Sue)
- 25:58 – Nodules are a growth. So you want to bring down the growth and you must figure out it if it is due to too much iodine or too little. (Vera )
- 26:20 – Scalloped tongue shows that there is a weakness in the spleen. Remove cold foods from diet as well. (Heather )
- 28:32– Imbalance of hormones. Andrea asks why are the hormones out of balance? Are you not getting enough exercise? Also, look at the health of the liver. (Esty)
- 30:00– Andrea recommends her Happy Healthy Thyroid Book for your hyperthyroid condition. Also, sleep is the number one way to heal the body of any illness. (Hooj Jett)
- 32:00 – Trying to conceive my second child after being depleted after the first one. Andrea recommends building up the body with proper nutrition and you must relax. (Dhyanna)
- 34:08 – Persistent heartburn- Andrea asks do you have enough bile? (Chanel)
- 36:43 – Someone else is bound to teach a liver webinar. (Deborah)
- 37:00– Most nodules are not cancerous on the thyroid. (Ira)
- 38:02 – If you are constantly gaining weight, then you need to look at your lifestyle, diet, digestive system and stressed. (Adelina)
- 39:11 – Black Walnut Hull for healing candida. (Esty)
- 39:29 – If you have a tree nut allergy, what can you take instead of Black Walnut Hull? Andrea recommends look at your specific condition. But for candida, (Megan)
- 41:01– Gained 5 pounds overnight. You must look at your lifestyle, diet, stress levels and digestive system to see cause. (Analina)
- 41:42 – Take Andrea’s liver cleanse class to learn how to remove gall stones (Sheenah)
- 42: 35 – If you find nothing wrong with probiotic capsules, then continue to do so. Some people are more sensitive. (Deborah)
- 44:06 – You can take lemon balm for hypothyroid but it is better for hyperthyroid. It is wonderful for calming the nervous system. (Paula)
- 45: 35 –Beet kvaas is a good fermented drink. Beets are natural blood builders. (Nancy)
- 46:16 – As you get you menopause, liver can release a lot of heat which can cause Rosacea. (Susan)
- 49:21 – Sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir and yogurt and real foods are Andrea’ favorite probiotic. (Samantha )
- 50:02 – Andrea describes her healing stone necklace. (Melissa)
- 51:08– Top suggestion for Hashimoto’s, you have got to go into the digestive system. (Melissa)
- 53:00 – Andrea discusses what rebounding exercises she does. They include running and jumping jacks.
- 54:50– Spondylitis- Andrea asks what is going on in your system? Are you not nourishing your bones? (Brita)
- 56:29– Andrea explains why cholesterol is increasing in the system. (Maggie)
- 57:58– Remove multivitamin with calcium in it if there is calcified growth in breast. Use kidney support tinctures to soften the calcifications. (Olivia)
- 59:50– Andrea describes how you can ask more questions.
Links from the episode
Happy healthy Thyroid Book by Andrea Beaman
Black Walnut Hull – herb that heals intestine
Organic Herbs – Great place for herbs: Motherwort, astragalus, licorice root, marshmallow roots, and reishi mushroom
Liver Cleanse Cooking Class – Andrea hosts a class to teach you how to cleanse your liver
Optimizing Liver Health Webinar – Andreas hosts a webinar where she teaches you how to nourish the liver
New Healers Master Coaching Program – Andrea’s program that helps wellness practitioners take their healing knowledge to a deeper level.
Supporting Gut Health Cooking Class– Andrea is hosting class to teach you how to heal your gut on May 31st
Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck Best book for nourishing the body for pregnancy
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker and Herbalist. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.