Today we covered Liver Health and hepatitis C virus, how to lose weight, why it’s imperative to eat seasonally and much more.
What you will hear on this episode of Ask Andrea
- 0:00 Greetings from Andrea about how to use Food & Herbs as Medicine
- 0:24 Eating 80% seasonally and locally gives your microbiome a nice variety of food for better immunity, better skin, etc. (Taryn)
- 2:35 Hire a health coach if you are still feeling bad after 10 years of eating “healthy”. Something is out of balance. (Lisa)
- 3:38 Get with an herbalist and try milk thistle for Hepatitis C. Also increase vitamin C in your diet. (Rehab)
- 5:14 Andrea recommends meditation for anxiety and nervousness. Also remove sugar and caffeine to ground you. (Rose)
- 6:49 If you have night sweats, try motherwart, gotukola and do some form of exercise. Andrea also likes wild lettuce, passion flower and hops to help you sleep. (Jaton)
- 8:05 Look at overall diet, lifestyle and stress levels, if someone is 100 pounds overweight. (Ruth)
- 9:40 Tired but wired means you have adrenal fatigue. Relax the body as much as possible. Eating well and exercise and get your body back to balance. (Paula)
- 11:29 When the ears ring, it could be a kidney deficiency. Bone stocks, seaweed, beans are all good foods to nourish the kidneys. (Linda)’éli”
Links from the episode
Organic Herbs – Great place for herbs: Motherwort, astragalus, licorice root, and marshmallow roots – http://bit.ly/StarwestB
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.