When it comes to refreshing summer salads, the simpler the better.
Like this Basil and Heirloom Cherry Tomato Salad for example.
It’s got 3 main ingredients: cherry tomatoes, basil and red onion. Plus, there’s a very simple vinaigrette dressing, and you can garnish with some crumbled feta cheese if you’d like.
Creating simple salads lets you spend less time in the kitchen and more time outside enjoying some fun summer activities like taking a walk in the park, going fishing, hiking, playing frisbee, handball, and/or swimming.
Plus, with the delicious addition of fresh basil, that is both energizing and uplifting, you’re bound to have the get up and go you need to get your butt up and out of the house!
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced into thin crescents
- 14-16 whole small basil leaves
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish with ¼ cup feta cheese (optional)
- Put the tomatoes into a salad bowl
- Add red onion and basil
- Combine vinegar, salt and pepper, and olive oil
- Gently toss the salad with dressing
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese
Andrea Beaman is an internationally renowned Holistic Health Coach, Natural Foods Chef, Speaker, Herbalist and best-selling author. Named one of the top 100 Most Influential Health and Fitness Experts, she is also a recipient of the Natural Gourmet Institute’s Award for Excellence in Health-Supportive Education and a Health Leadership award from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Since 1999, Andrea has been teaching people how to harness the body’s own preventative and healing powers using food, herbal remedies and alternative medicine.
Some recipes and articles on this site may contain affiliate links to products we trust and love. The money received helps keep this website and all of its healthful and delicious content FREE to the public.