As an American, I’m proud to say that I live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. We fought for our Independence and have earned the right to our freedom.
But, many of us just don’t take advantage of some of the amazing liberties that we have access to on a daily basis.
Here are my top 5 Freedoms you could be using right now to experience the most awesome life:
- FREEDOM TO CHOOSE GOOD FOOD – Walk into any grocery store in the USA and there is an abundance of food. As you fill your shopping cart, keep in mind that your food creates your body on a cellular level. So, give your cells what they need to thrive. Choose brightly colored whole foods, instead of highly refined foods that come in brightly colored packages. With good food choices, your body can be FREE from many preventable diseases.
- FREEDOM TO STRETCH – Everyday we have the opportunity to gently stretch our body awake, or we can use caffeine, sugar and stimulants to force ourselves to get up and go ASAP! The latter can set us up for long-term exhaustion as we drain bodily reserves by constantly kicking our adrenals into “stress” mode. On the other hand, simply taking five or ten minutes to stretch in the morning, allows the flow of blood/energy to nourish and support the internal organs and bodily systems. Stretching stimulates the body into an awakened state keeping you FREE from the backlash of a caffeine and sugar crash.
- FREEDOM OF SPEECH – We have the right to say whatever we want to say. This is a BIGGIE! Our words are powerful. They can lift someone up, or they can knock someone down. Words can warm someone’s heart or they can create a cold divide between people. By choosing your words carefully and consciously, your relationships with other people will improve… keeping you FREE from drama.
- FREEDOM TO LOVE – We are all free to love, and we are all free to hate. Which one do you think could make the word a more harmonious place for everyone in the human race? It’s a no brainer. I’m sending you some love right now… just because I can and because it helps to keep me feeling FREE.
- FREEDOM TO ENJOY ICE-CREAM – It’s summer, it’s hot, it’s okay to indulge in an icy-sweet treat once in a while, for goshsakes. If you are sensitive to dairy, try some coconut ice-cream, or a fun fruit sorbet like this one – Simple Strawberry Sorbet. As you are eating that frozen lump of deliciousness, remember to fully enjoy it without feeling guilty. Guilt creates stress, and if you are stressed out about eating ANY food (no matter what it is), you simply won’t digest it properly. Relax, enjoy, and chill out… guilt FREE!
As you can see, there are many easy ways to exercise your freedoms.
Choose wisely and you can surely be FREE.
Happy Independence Day!