- 1 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 8-12 oz. pastured lamb stew meat, cubed, seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups water or stock
- 1 cup organic red wine
- Dash of cardamom
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 carrots, chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 parsnip, chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, chopped into 1-2 inch cubes
- 2 collard green leaves, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
In a soup pot, sear lamb cubes until lightly browned. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes.
Add stock, red wine, dried rosemary, cardamom, cinnamon and bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce heat to medium/low for 45 minutes.
Add carrots, parsnip, and potato and cook 30-40 minutes.
Add collard greens, sea salt and black pepper and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
Season with chopped parsley.