Grass Fed Beef Stew and Winter Vegetables
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small celeriac root, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 yukon gold potato, chopped
- ¾ pound grass-fed beef chuck, cubed
- Black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups beef stock (or water)
- 1 cup red or white wine
- 1 tsp. sea salt (and then season to taste)
- Parsley, minced
- In a soup pot, sauté onion and garlic 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Season the cubed meat with cumin, black pepper, and sea salt.
- In a separate frying pan heat small amount of oil and sauté cubed meat until lightly browned.
- Add the meat and the juices to the soup pot, plus bay leaves, beef stock, wine and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 35-40 minutes.
- Add celeriac root, turnip, carrots and potato and continue cooking 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Want more? Get this and other recipes in Andrea’s Book:
Health Is Wealth – Make a Delicious Investment in You!