- 1 bunch dandelion greens (1 cup), cleaned and chopped thin
- 2 cups purple or green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated horseradish root
- 2 tsp. local honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
Put the dandelion, cabbage and carrots into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with sea salt. Work the salt into the vegetables using pressure and squeezing with your hands for a few minutes.
Let the vegetables sit while you prepare dressing ingredients. Grate the horseradish root (can use prepared horseradish if fresh is not available) and combine with local honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and a dash of sea salt. Whisk dressing ingredients together.
Return to the vegetables and squeeze the cabbage and dandelion mixture to help release any water. Discard the water that is released from the salad. Combine the salad with Horseradish Dressing. Marinate 45 minutes or overnight. Enjoy!